Monday, October 03, 2005

1 cent plane ticket

Before I continue, I have to say this is being written under duress :) (and also to save the lives of many photos that would otherwise be destroyed). But given that I am writing this, I thought I might as well make it interesting (us in research have had a lot of practice with this type of activity lately :) Have you ever wondered how an airline flight that cost 1 cent (+ taxes of course) would look and feel like? Well, wonder no more. I’ve flown low-cost European airlines before but this Ryanair London to Porto flight takes the prize - 1 cent! I asked around 15 people on the flight how much they paid and everyone said 1 cent!!! Ryanair does make some money by advertising on and in the airplane but can it be enough? There are several nice articles online that describe their business model (similar to southwest) and it seems that they have found countless ways to be extremely efficient, cut costs and make money off partner deals and advertising. ok, off to explore porto. By the way, where do the british think willie wonka’s chocolate factory is?

1 Comments:

Blogger Hillery_Simmons said...

I love the picture! And yes, a deal's a deal... I promise not to destroy any defenseless pictures. (What was the time period for that again?)

I knew you could find something interesting to talk about :). I heard that the Ryanair parent company is also opening some discount hotels - with itty bitty tiny rooms. The picture looked about the size of a closet.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home