Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What I did for my Labor Day vacation: got dusty.


I've put up a whole raft of photos of our recent Burning Man trip, over at flickr. They're on the second or third page of my photostream at this point. I only wish that the slideshows there came in a bigger size.  Anyway, the photos themselves are full size, if you want to click in and see all the gory details (i.e. the alkali dust of an ancient lakebed, ground by the millenia into the consistency of chalk dust . . . into my hair).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandover/

When you mention Burning Man to people, many of them still go blank. Burning What? Well, OK, it's this, and this, and this, and this.  I wrote an article about it here, but jeez, people, Bruce Sterling blew the lid off with a WiReD cover story back in 1996.  Hello!  Happy Burn.

 


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home